Sunday, July 24, 2011

#CANTWAITTOMOVE

#CANTWAITTOMOVE is a frequent text I frequently send to and receive from my new roommate, Molly.  Molly and I have been friends for two years and I successfully talked her and her labrador retriever, Prince, to move in with me this coming year.  I had a great run with Jen, my roommate for the past two years, but she is getting married in two weeks!

Since I have never lived alone and am prone to hallucinations talking to myself if I'm alone too long, I am so glad to be moving in with Molly!  AND PRINCE!  Prince is a sweet, 7 (or maybe he's 8) year-old chocolate labrador.  He reminds me of my childhood puppster, Samson.  I am so excited to get to live with a dog, since I have been talking about getting a labrador of my own for a good 7 months (Bradley if he's yellow; Brody if he's black).  I hope Molly doesn't mind that I plan on taking him at the end of the year I'll be pretending Prince is also mine for the next year... :)

I currently live in a great part of Saint Louis, MO--the Central West End.  There are always tons of people sprawled outside after work and on the weekends. There are great restaurants. It is overall a great atmosphere.  It was a GREAT neighborhood for a new law student and someone new to St. Louis.

The downside to the CWE is that it attracts a young crowd--the SLU undergrads, to be exact.  As a 24yr old, being surrounded by children the "younger crowd" makes me feel like a grandma. At the END OF THIS WEEK I'll be moving to Clayton, MO.  Clayton is sometimes referred to as Yuppieville and is home to young families and young professionals.  It is less undergrad and more "Big Girl Life."  Since Molls and I spend most of our time out in Clayton (at the Target, Mall, and suburban grocery stores [read: NO MORE GHETTO SCHNUCKS]).   Not to mention my new apartment is an upgrade.  Currently, I live in a 2bdrm/2ba with wall to wall carpeting.  I do have the luxury of a walk-in closet and the master bedroom/bathroom combo, but it is just...outdated.  Take a look at my new apartment.  It is old-world meets new-world.  [Please note: Because I am blonde forgetful, there are no pictures (yet) of the kitchen.]

Entryway
(front door on the right)

Dining Room! 

Living Room
(look at the recessed ceiling)

Washer/Dryer
Molly's Room

My Room
(Bed will probs go here)

Wouldn't be my room if it didn't have COLOOOOR!

Closet

Bathroom
I am hoping to move a little bit throughout the week and be fully in by Saturday!  Speaking of a little bit, I need to go throw some things in Ferg to take out to 901 Hanley!  Eee!!!

I'll write more soon...I've been wanting to write a post about WEDDING SEASON, but I have a feeling that will be quite a long post and I haven't had much time lately with the excitement of my new place! :)

Enjoy your Sunday!

No comments: